Alopecia sufferer’s hair loss ordeal finally over thanks to scalp micropigmentation treatment


When Stephen Dunlop left his residence there has been one aspect he wouldn’t leave his domestic without – a hat.

The Coleraine guy, 56, strategically located hats in his automobile and administrative center to make sure he wouldn’t be with out one.

They had become his protection net in public, as 10 years of Alopecia (hair loss) had left him feeling extraordinarily self-acutely aware of his look.

He explained: “I had scarring alopecia, the hair had come out in clumps and the location left had come out in large red sores.”

When Stephen got here across a theft in a chemist wherein he had a knife put to his throat, the stress of the ordeal made his Alopecia worse.

He stated: “A couple of months after that the Alopecia regarded to get worse and my hair commenced to fall out extra.

“That exposed the scarred regions and it jogged my memory one thousand instances how I couldn’t have my hair this manner or that way due to the fact if I cut it too quick it would divulge the scars.

“I didn’t think it was too terrible till a person took a reflect and confirmed the back of my head. A friend of mine defined it as if a woodpecker have been at me.

“I notion that if I may want to shave it off with a number of two or three it would appearance better but it didn’t.”

What made matters worse was that Stephen’s remaining hair had started to thin exposing the scars left via his Alopecia, that had left his confidence at rock bottom.

“I changed into completely embarrassed with the aid of it,” he added.

“I couldn’t stand every body being behind me. I involved about it and it turned into constantly in my head. Anytime I met everyone I might make eye contact to see where they have been searching."

“The only time I became at ease changed into gambling golf with a hat on or at a rugby match with a hat on or in a crowd with a hat on,” he defined.

Because Stephen’s scarring was so intense, hair follicles had come away with the scarring that means the hair wouldn’t be able to develop once more in those regions. It meant a hair transplant turned into unlikely to deliver the effects Stephen became searching out.

Thankfully a danger encounter over social media meant Stephen crossed paths with Mark Smith from Dot Micro in Holywood, Co Down.

 It marked the begin of getting scalp micropigmentation remedy and getting his confidence again.

Scalp micropigmentation is a beauty treatment appropriate for women and men that gives the illusion of a fuller head of hair by way of putting tiny pigments of ink that resemble shaved hair follicles at the scalp.

Stephen said: “Because of the scarring areas we located that it turned into extra difficult for the pigment to take to those regions, so it took round 5 treatments for it to take to the ones regions.

“But it’s a outstanding process. I just seem like I’ve shaved my head.

“I’m a distinctive individual. I’ve no qualms about human beings sitting in the back of me anymore.

“We run a chip shop and I see young fellas coming in all of the time with caps on and we get talking. They assume I shave my head out of style they don’t comprehend I’ve had any remedy until I inform them.

“It has worked truly properly for me. I used to have hats stashed everywhere in case I forgot one, but that doesn’t rely anymore.

“It’s been a godsend.”

Scalp micropigmentation is a beauty remedy this is appropriate for ladies and men who are experiencing thinning hair or who are Alopecia sufferers. The remedy is likewise a great manner to offer the illusion of hair density at thinning hair partings and temple regions.